[img: a black and white photo of the front cover of hoax zine #8.]
HOAX #8 - FEMINISMS & MYTHOLOGIES IS NOW FINISHED, AND IS TAKING PRE-ORDERS!
- Trans* identity mirrored in the myth of the Minotaur and concepts of monstrosity
- Mythmaking of gender and queerness in one’s personal relationships
- The importance of active listening in community organizing
- Consent, yoga, and authentic embodiment
- Questioning the werewolf myth as it pertains to queer and female embodiments
- Coping with the death of family members and living/being “alone”
- The myth of Ed Gein and the transgender killer
- A woman of color’s guide to white men
- Trans women’s alienation within queer theory and means of articulating their own experiences
- Being an archivist and the intricacies of creating history
- Czech foundation myths and concepts of gender
- Interview with a retired New Jersey Sexual Violent Predator Facility Administrator
- Appalachian women’s narratives and experiences in activism opposing mountaintop removal
- Exploring one’s abusive past through the story of Persephone
- Connecting the myth of the Big Bad Wolf to abusive men in the author’s childhood life
- Debunking myths surrounding being an out trans woman and EMT striving to build queer community
- Queer cultural amnesia of the AIDS epidemic and a call to refocus queer activism
- Investigating the differences between blood-related family and chosen queer family
- Reflecting on Roland Barthe’s Mythologies and one’s personal quest as a feminist trans woman
- Recovering from sexual assault and racism in heterosexual relationships via creating one’s own narratives, self-care tactics, and self-imposed celibacy
- Invoking theoretical patricide by making deliberate changes to oneself to resist resembling an abusive father
- How the blues gave women of color public space to express their histories of abuse and victimization
also includes poems, a feminist mythology comic, feminists we love, current feminist heroes, and vegan recipes! ½ size, black & white, 74 pages, text heavy.
you can PRE-ORDER #8 through our etsy shop (for paypal payments, where you can also find back issues on hirstories, community, communication, and change as well as some of our personal zines) or, if you prefer (well hidden) US cash via snail mail, you can e-mail us at hoaxzine (at) gmail (dot) com with your name & address.
we will be mailing out issues on a first come first serve basis after MONDAY FEBRUARY 4TH. as always, feel free to shoot us an email if you have any questions about the status of your order.
a note about triggering content: Much of the material contained within this zine is very intense, emotional, and personal. For this reason, we are placing a trigger warning on the entire zine. Please note that we chose not to place trigger warnings on individual pieces because we recognize that triggers are unique and highly personal. We believe that it is impossible to discern what content has the potential to be triggering to every one of our readers, and we do not want to create a hierarchy of what material is “intense” or “real” enough to warrant a warning. Please contact us if you have suggestions as to how to better incorporate trigger warnings into future issues of Hoax.
happy reading, y’all!
rachel & sari